For the period 19th to 26th of September 2020 a team of 7 speleologists explored Kolkina dupka.
More about Kolkina you can find here.
The team had 6 overnights in camp II (-456m).
For the this period the following results were achieved:
- Water sampling – hydrogeological research is now taking place in Kolkina. Its main objective is to establish eventual connection between Koкlina and the nearby cave Katsite (2560m, -205m)
- Geological research – Sediment samples are collected from nine different sites from main rivers channels. They will be examined with full set of sedimentary analysis
- Communication – between camp II and the occasional flash camp III, there is now a cable, which is making it an official 3rd camp
- Technical climbing – many vertical passages were climbed and checked
- Survey – a total of 575 m were surveyed
Kolkina’s length now is 16 130m.